Thursday, September 20, 2007

oh my crap

I am so uncontrollably pissed off right now.

So, in a group email, someone asked what movie a certain quote was from ("Matilda?" "No, I'm Jessica."). And I didn't see it until too late because I was WORKING, and so the other person got it first. But the lines weren't even right, and no one will acknowledge how awesome I am and how fast I recognized the quote, and how much better than everyone else I am.

Whew. OK I'm starting to feel a little better now. That was really strange. I was so friggin irritated. or maybe frustrated. It's like yesterday when someone was looking at a piece of my writing and said, "It's good. There are some comma issues, but it's good." I swear I wanted to strangle her to death while headbutting her repeatedly in the face, then interrupt the funeral to spit on her grave. Fine, not the spitting on the grave part. Man, I honestly never knew I could be so sensitive.

Of course, in both of these cases, I didn't do anything, and wasn't actually about to, but I was seething inside. I felt like someone pushed my grandma down the stairs, or laughed at a little lost kid in the department store. I felt so hot under the collar it's ridiculous.

Oh, and then the person wouldn't tell me WHERE THE "COMMA ISSUES" WERE! So I silently said, "fine, piss off, bitch," and went on my merry way. I didn't really say that-- I didn't even think of that until just now.

So these whole situations make me laugh because holy cow, I seriously am an arrogant asshole. No two ways about it. I used to think I put it on, pretended to think I was God's gift to man. Maybe I did in the beginning. But now I am a full-fledged cocky little prick. haha, dang it. Maybe I should work on that.

1 comment:

crysOakleee said...

Ha! That's what you get for actually doing work at work instead of sloughing off like me, Crystal. I say, dont try to make any changes in your life - if you're going to insist on actually earning your paycheck, you're going to have to make up for it by being an aa (arrogant asshole). There are far too few nasty and befouled people in this cyber circle in which we mingle, and Crystal needs company. Keep up the good work, grammar retard!